Newsletter about Home Medicine Review – great engagement tool
What is in newsletter? Read below.
Consultation with a Specialist Pharmacist
(at no cost, in the convenience of your own home)
- Taking both prescribed and over the counter medicines e.g. vitamins and supplements
- Taking 5 or more medicines
- Not sure about interactions between food and medicines.
- Aiming at optimising use of medicines e.g. reduce number of medicines taken
- Taking medications prescribed by more than one doctor
Please, ask your GP if you are eligible.
Age doesn’t matter
What is a Consultation with a Specialist Pharmacist (HMR)?
A Specialist Pharmacist conducts an interview, preferably in the comfort of your own home, and then writes a report back to the GP. The GP will discuss any recommendations with you and may make appropriate changes to your medication regimen.
- checking that prescription medicines, over-the-counter medicines and vitamins
are appropriate to take together
- possibly, reducing the number of medicines you have to take
- improving efficiency of your medicines
- showing you how to take your medicines correctly
- explaining why and when to take them, explaining interactions between food
- explaining where they should be stored
- what to expect when taking them
- what problems you should report to the GP
- clarifying any confusion with generic medicines
- giving you some help so you can remember to take your medicines
- changing your medicines.
How much does it cost?
You do not have to pay anything. The service is bulk billed for eligible patients.