Number of patients seen.
We have already discussed this earlier. The main points are:
- Never see 80 or more patients on 20 days within 12 months period!
- Try not to see a lot of patients in general. It is financially counterproductive and medico-legally dangerous. (There are ways to earn more by seeing fewer patients and provide great care at the same time)
- It will look odd if you work half a day and see 50 patients in that period of time.
- It will look even odder if a high proportion of your consultations are items 36 and/ or 44 in that case. In other words – the appointment book must reflect the sum of the length of the consultations.
- Medicare does look into the times of the next patient’s file open. There is very little point to keep the files open in order to justify the length of the consultation. There are better ways to increase the earnings – watch my other workshops.